Possibly the best toasted sandwich ever?
– Small amount of haggis (chop one up, the rest will freeze if needed)
– Sliced cheese, suitable for melting
– Grill the bacon until crispy
– Pre-cook the haggis in the microwave. Note: I find microwave to be the best way to cook haggis. It gets the fat nice and hot to cook through, and dehydrates it very slightly – traditional boiling in the skin retains more moisture, and I prefer it slightly drier, especially for sandwiches.
– Toast some bread
– Butter the bread on the outside of the sandwich, and fill with the other ingredients before finishing in a sandwich toaster.